Fellow ACFA North Central Region Members,
I'd like to begin by welcoming our new North Central Region ACFA members! We’re delighted to have you join the fellowship and camaraderie of ACFA, the friendly association! You helped the North Central Region grow 6% during the past year, despite difficult economic times.
We also welcome a new ACFA club, Chippewa Valley Cat Club, led by Carol Larson. If you attended CVCC’s shows, you’ve seen firsthand their creativity and enthusiasm for all cats.
Perhaps some of you who are reading this email are unfamiliar with the ACFA North Central Region web site. If so, I encourage you to visit www.acfanorthcentralregion.org and browse around. You’ll find it’s a valuable resource for planning, history, and just plain fun. If you already know about the web site but haven’t looked at the picture gallery recently, you’ll find some new photos there.
I represented the North Central Region at the ACFA Annual Board Meetings, which were held in Wausau August 16-19. I’ll have a separate email with highlights of the board meetings, but I’d like to call your attention to the report I presented on our region. I encourage you to read the expanded version of that report, which is posted in the “NC News” section of the regional web site: www.acfanorthcentralregion.org/newsletters/newsletters.htm
Did you receive a letter from ACFA saying that one of your cats, kittens, alters, or household pets was among the top 20 in its class (not within the breed – breed awards are handled differently) within the North Central Region? If so, and if you haven’t already sent the picture, Jo and I need your cat’s picture as soon as possible to prepare the October 1st awards presentation. Please email your photos with the information listed below to email@example.com. Email is preferred, but if that isn’t practical, mail your photos to Glen Newton, 1359 Michelle Drive, Eagan, MN 55123. As a reminder, here's what we need along with the picture:
- The cat’s category and placement (e.g., 19th Best NC Kitten).
- The cat’s registered name.
- Your name, phone number, and email address.
- The name(s) of the cat’s owner(s).
Finally, just a few financial reminders:
- If you are reading this email and have not renewed for 2011, there’s no time like the present! ACFA services are discounted for members, but if you aren’t a member you’ll miss out on the discounts. The membership application is at the top of this page on the ACFA web site: www.acfacat.com/forms.htm Do forms intimidate you? Call the friendly staff at ACFA’s Central Office, (417) 725-1530, and Cindy or Theresa will answer any questions you have.
- If you are a 2011 member, don’t let the end of the calendar year slip up on you without renewing. The best strategy is to renew for three years, which will save you $10 per year and avoid the problem of having to remember each year to turn in your renewal. Here’s the price list: www.acfacat.com/2011-2012pricelist.doc
- If you’ve been waiting for the half-price pedigree sale, wait no longer! The sale is on and extends through December 31. The same applies to any new cattery you’d like to register with ACFA: the half-price sale is now in effect!
North Central Regional Director